2022 Ely Film Festival
Short Film Contest
The 2022 Ely Film Festival Announces guidelines for their annual Short Film Contest.
- Three age categories: Under 12; 13-18 years old; Over 18.
- Films can be submitted by individuals or teams.
- Deadline is Monday, February 14, 2022
The film must contain the following elements to be eligible:
- THEME: Time Travel
- LOCATION: Include an identifiable landmark from the area where film was made.
- LINE: “I didn’t see that coming.”
- PROP: a key
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE: Include dialog or song in any language other than English. The short film can also be done entirely in a foreign language with English subtitles.
The film must be appropriate for all audiences. No nudity, lewdness, profanity or violence.
The Ely Film Festival requests that the filmmakers be aware of copyright infringement. Only use royalty free music. Filming on public or private property may require permission. Any mess or disturbance of a location must be cleaned up promptly. Please be courteous.
- The finished product cannot be longer than five (5) minutes.
- Any device may be used (smart phone, drone, camera, etc.)
- Please identify the category: Under 12; 13-18 year-olds; Over 18.
- Please submit everything on an MP4 format.
- Upload your submission to Google Drive and share the link with us along with your name and contact information to ShortFilm@ElyFilmFestival.com
- Submissions are due Monday, February 14, 2022
The films will be judged by film industry professionals and a prize money will be given for each category.
The winning films will be shown at the 3rd Ely Film Festival, in Ely, Nevada, March 11-13, 2022. All entrants will receive a film festival swag and a free pass to the weekend events.
“Elements of Good Storytelling in Film” and “Bringing Your Story to the Screen” Videos are available on our YouTube channel.
Local movie producer and director, Dutch Marich, has created a video and companion worksheet on developing a short story to help craft a great short film. After you’ve created your story, watch Bringing Your Story to the Screen and learn a variety of important filmmaking techniques.
Also, check out our YouTube channel: @elyfilmfestival for all the short film contest entries from the 2020 and 2021 festivals.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org